Farm Camps at Calypso Farm & Ecology Center immerse children in life on the farm through play, creativity, and exploration.
These week-long sessions for ages 5-7 and 8-12 are packed with activity: befriending farm animals, harvesting and cooking garden snacks, art projects, fort building, science experiments, and more!
With 20 students per session and a 4:1 camper to staff ratio, all campers will have the opportunity to connect with each other and learn from our vibrant, experienced summer staff.
2018 Farm Camp
SESSION I:Ages: 8-12
June 4th – June 8th. (5 days)
Each morning begins with fun farm chores such as feeding animals, weeding a garden bed, or checking the coup for eggs. These 5 days are packed with a variety of activities: nature journaling, fort-building, learning about life in the field and forest, and creative projects. The week culminates with a farm lunch and final ceremony for all campers and their families. Each child gets a hand screen printed farm camp t-shirt!
Drop-off/Pick-up Times: 9AM / 3PM
Cost: $275 members, $300 non-members
SESSION II: Ages 5-7
June 18th – June 22nd. (5 half days)
This session is geared toward hands-on, play-based learning in a growing environment. Whether meeting the farm animals in the barn, tasting fresh garden produce, playing games, or creating art projects, campers will have a blast exploring the farm and forest! Each child gets a hand screen printed farm camp t-shirt!
Drop-off/Pick-up Times: 10AM/2PM
Cost: $200 members, $225 non-members
Registration & Payment
- Complete the Farm Camp Registration and Medical & Release Form, available at the links above. Electronically submitted forms will be signed on the first day of camp.
- Members receive a discount on camp and workshops, and help fuel all our education programs! You can become a member by making a donation of any amount when you register. Learn more about Membership.
- *Limited, need-based scholarships are available. If you are interested in a scholarship, please fill out the Summer Camp Scholarship Application, above.
- Full payment is due at the time of your registration. If you need to pay in installments, please inquire about making a payment plan by emailing email@example.com
- Pay via PayPal through the button above, call the farm at 907-451-0691 or send your payment to Calypso Farm PO Box 106 Ester, AK 99725.